AMSN in collaboration with Australasian Society for Lifestyle Medicine (ASLM) – formerly the Australian Lifestyle Medicine Association (ALMA) – invite you to join us on an Eduventure , 5th-8th November 2015, that focuses on you.
Our team led by Dr Caroline West (GP) and Professor Garry Egger, will provide you with a tool kit for self-care and surviving your Clinician-based lifestyle.
We beach walk from NSW Border to the Byron Bay Light house (approx. 60Kms) over three days while staying at the beautiful Mantra on Salt at Kingscliff. We revisit the Lifestyle Medicine you need to practice on yourself so you are equipped to care for others.
There is no better gift to your family and patients than a healthier you. A healthy self is an essential component of good, enjoyable and sustainable practise.
Location: Mantra on Salt is a resort at Kingscliff NSW. 4.5 star accommodation – 20 minutes drive from Gold Coast airport. Mantra is on the beach with a pool and day spa. http://www.mantraonsaltbeach.com.au/
Accommodation: Rooms approx. $150 -185 per night (includes breakfast for 2) depending on size and location. Delegates book and pay for own accommodation and most meals. Delegates can choose to come early and or stay longer and still get group discount and tax advantages .
Theme: ‘A tool kit for self-care and surviving your practice ‘
Presenters: Dr Caroline West, Prof Garry Egger, Ms Shivaun Conn, A.Prof John Stevens
Activities: include a daily lecture and activities on looking after yourself. In addition to the Boarder to Bay Walk there are opportunities for chiropractic and nutritional support, massage, yoga and meditation for even more attention to physical, mental, emotional and spiritual well-being. (There will be readings, formal lecturers and questions for reflection or discussion while on the walk – plus assessments- if participants require RACGP points – currently seeking 40 cat 1 points)
The Adventure: Led by Garry Egger and John Stevens walking from the border of NSW- the Southern Rock Wall of the Tweed River ocean bar- to Byron Bay Lighthouse – over 3 stages. Approximately 22kms per stage for a total 65kms of walking. Is there a better coast line in the world?
Audience: Medical Practitioners, Nurses and Allied Health clinicians and their companions
Numbers: Max 20 clinicians for CPD (partners- are welcome for walk and social events)
Requirements. The physical ability to walk 20 + kms in a day (mostly on sand). The mental agility to relax while walking the best coast line in the world. The reflexivity to allow yourself to care for yourself so you can care better for others.
The cost: $1450 (for clinicians) $350 – for companions participating in the Muster dinner and walk
The Muster dinner on Thursday night
All walks and walk transfers to departure and arrival points
Self Care CPD and (RACGP accredited for 40 points – yet to be obtained)
Lunch and trail food packs
This does not include travel, the accommodation or other meals or catering
Participants will be given a group discount when booking accommodation at the Mantra and all breakfasts are included. Approx. $150-200 per night.
Eduventure Program: (as of 14 July 2015)
Day 1 Thursday (5 November)
Muster at Mantra – book in to your rooms from 1400hrs
- Gather for Briefing 1700hrs
- First lecturer 1730hrs
- Formal dinner at Seasons restaurant and orientation (prepaid as part of registration)
Day 2 Friday.
- Breakfast lecture and the day’s agenda 0700- 0800
- Bus to Tweed River wall 0900
- Beach Walk from wall to Hastings point (23kms)
- Bus (approx.1400-1500 hrs) from Hasting point to Mantra
- Relax – swim, bath, yoga, meditation, other
- Option for more education 1800-1845
- Look after your own dinner this night but options are available to join up for those who want to
Day 3 Saturday.
- Breakfast lecture and agenda for the day 0700-0830
- Bus to Hastings Point 0900
- Walk Hastings Point to North Brunswick River Wall Approx. 22kms
- Bus from Brunswick Heads to Mantra (approx. 1500-1600hrs)
- Relax – spa, massage, sleep etc
- Drinks at Salt Bar 1900- informal dinner for those interested (pay for self)
Day 4. Sunday
- Breakfast lecture and the day’s agenda 0700-0800
- Bus to South wall Brunswick Heads 0900 – walk to Byron Lighthouse (21kms)
- Yeah team!
- Bus to Mantra (approx. 1500hrs)
1. AMSN reserves the right to alter these activities as needed for safety reasons.
2. AMSN reserves the right to cancel this event by 5th October if numbers are insufficient – a full refund will be made to registered participants – not including losses on travel and accommodation