Plus, Atlantic salmon is an excellent source of high quality protein, vitamins and minerals and one of the best sources of the essential polyunsaturated fatty acid omega 3 (EPA+DHA). Omega-3 fats have been shown to reduce inflammation, be protective against heart disease, and contribute to healthy brain function.
Read on for Cam’s favourite recipe to whip up for a late night study dinner!
15 Minute Salmon & Vegies
- 100 grams Salmon Fillet
- 1 lemon sliced, sprig rosemary, clove garlic,
- 1 Tbls olive oil
- 1 Bag steamed fresh veggies
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Line baking dish with Baking paper, ensure you have enough to fold over
- Drizzle oil on base and place Salmon fillet on paper.
- Place garlic and lemon on the fillet
- Place rosemary sprig on top
- Season to taste
- Fold over the paper, leaving a little room for air
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until cooked (leaving it a bit pink in the middle)
- Remove from oven and let rest whilst you cook the steamed fresh veggies
- Place Salmon fillet on plate and serve with your veggies
Omega-3 fat: 1564mg
Accredited Practising Dietitian and Nutritionist
Published by Australian Institute of Fitness