Training for Health Professionals
I specialise in delivering tailored health behaviour change workshops for medical and allied health practitioners, nurses, fitness professionals, businesses, fitness clubs and gyms.
I have worked for 16 years in health behaviour change as an Executive Health Coach, health presenter, and previously as the lead Health Coach for the NSW Government ‘Get Healthy Service’. I currently coach and train practitioners in health behaviour change and health coaching techniques.
Programs and workshops can be delivered on site, via webinar, or at a specific venue.
Content is tailored to the needs of the business, medical centre, community health centre, and hospital.
Topics can include:
Coaching Health Behaviour Change
- Health behaviour change principles, models and techniques
- Coaching approach and mindset
- Positive psychology and appreciative inquiry
- Example structure of a coaching session (tailored to the needs of clients)
Tailored Approaches to Support Health Behaviour Change
- Assessing readiness to change behaviour/s
- Stage matched interventions
- Strategies to increase motivation to change
- Spirit, principles, skills and processes
- Addressing ‘sustain’ talk (the patient’s reasons for not changing their behaviours) and discord (disharmony in the relationship)
Determinants of Health Change
- Assessing and planning for barriers and enhancing facilitators of health change
Supporting Patients to Set Goals and Take Action
- Setting of SMART goals
- Developing an action plan for 1-2 SMART goals
- Methods of tracking and evaluation
- Review and follow up sessions